Huazhong University of Science and Technology (HUST) is one of the top 10 public research universities in China and also known as Chinese MIT. HUST is a member of Project 211 & 985 with a Double First-Class reputation under directly affiliated with the Ministry of Education of China. HUST offers CSC Scholarship for excellent International students.
HUST controlled the world-renowned Wuhan National Laboratory for Optoelectronics which is one of the five national laboratories in China. It also manages 11 National Key Laboratories and Engineering Research Centers and Wuhan National High Magnetic Field Center. HUST was awarded University Leadership Award by the Society of Manufacturing Engineers (SME) and also elected as “China’s Top Ten Research Institutions” by the academic journal Nature.
In recent years, HUST consistently features global top 200 research universities according to the US NEWS Best Global Universities Ranking, Times Higher Education World University Ranking, Shanghai Ranking World Universities, and so on. HUST has a partnership with more than 290 universities and research institutions from over 30 countries around the globe. For more details click on the official site of HUST.
Motto: “Virtue, Knowledge, Truth, Originality”
How to Apply for CSC Scholarship in HUST?
Application Deadline: January 1st to April 15th
Application Type: Online
Application Fee: 600 CNY or 100 USD
Duration of Study:
Master’s degree: 2～3 years
Doctoral degree: 3～4 years
Scholarships provided by HUST:
- Chinese Government Scholarship
- MOFCOM Scholarship
- International Chinese Language Teachers Scholarship
Coverage of the CSC Scholarship:
- Tuition waiver
- Free accommodation on campus
- Monthly stipend (master’s students: CNY 3,000 per month; doctoral students: CNY 3,500 per month)
- Comprehensive medical insurance.
Notes: All scholarship recipients are obliged to participate in the annual scholarship review which will confirm their scholarship status in the next academic year.
- Applicants must be non-Chinese citizens with valid passports.
- Applicants must be in good health both physically and mentally.
- Great interest on research activity
- Applicants must be well-behaved and be willing to abide by China’s laws and regulations, as well as HUST’s rules.
- Applicants for a Master’s degree must have a Bachelor’s degree and be under 35 years of age.
- Applicants for a Doctoral degree must have a Master’s degree and be under 40 years of age.
- Applicants may not be in receipt of any other type of scholarship.
- Application form for Chinese Government Scholarship
- Ordinary Passport
- Degree certificates of your Highest Diploma (Notarized copy)
- Academic transcripts in undergraduate or graduate period (Notarized copy)
- Foreigner Physical Examination Form Download (If you’re studying or working in China could upload the Health Certificate or Residence Permit instead)
- Non-Criminal Record Certificate
- Personal Statement: Introduce yourself in details, explain your understanding of China, list the reasons and your expectations for studying at HUST.
- Two Academic Recommendation Letters by your former professors or associate professors (English or Chinese)
- Study Plan or Research Proposal (more than 800 words in English or Chinese)
- Language proficiency certificate (IELTS, TOEFL, GRE, HSK-4, etc.)
- Curriculum Vitae / Resume: Focus educational background, work experience, and publication list (optional)
- Acceptance letter from supervisor (optional)
- Academic Research Papers (optional)
- Recent Photographs
Notes: The documents uploaded should be clear, true and valid.
Step 1: Register and apply online application at CSC website at: http://studyinchina.csc.edu.cn/ and Download the completed Application Form for Chinese Government Scholarship. then Sign and put a recent photo on the application form.
- Program Type: B
- Agency No. : 10487
Step 2: Again Register and apply online application system at Huazhong University of Science and Technology includes filling in the application form and upload supporting and required application materials documents. (listed above)
Step 3: Submit your application form
Application Notes & Notification:
- Scholarship students must take an annual review in every year;
- Scholarship students cannot change their major;
- The documents provided by the applicant must be correct and authentic. If the documents do not meet these standards, the scholarship will be cancelled and in admission will be revoked.
- The scholarship application final admission results will be posted on the International Students Division website.
School of International Education
Huazhong University of Science and Technology
Address: 1037 Luoyu Road, Hongshan District, Wuhan 430074, P.R.China