Fudan University is widely considered one of the most prestigious and selective public research elite C9 League universities in China. It was founded in 1905 in Shanghai as Fudan Public School before the end of China’s imperial Qing dynasty. It offers different kinds of scholarships such as the CSC Scholarship, Confucius Institute Scholarship, and Shanghai Government Scholarship, etc.
Fudan University is renowned for its rigorous academic records and very famous for its excellence and devotion to research. Fudan has 4 campuses, 17 affiliated hospitals, 27 departments, 5 State Key Laboratories, 2 National Research Centers, 1 national Innovation Center for Manufacture, 1 Shanghai Mathematics Center, and 80 ministry-level research platforms, etc.
In 2021 QS Asian University Rankings, Fudan University is ranked 3rd in China and 6th in Asia, and Fudan consistently ranks in the world’s top 100 universities list. Fudan has over 130 university-level exchange programs with universities from 30 countries. for more details click on the official site of Fudan University.
Motto: “Rich in knowledge and tenacious of purposes, inquiring with earnestness and reflecting with self-practice”
How to apply for CSC Scholarship in Fudan?
Application Deadline: Mar 31, 2022
Application Type: Online
Duration of Study:
Master’s degree: 2～3 years
Doctoral degree: 3～4 years
Scholarships provided by Fudan:
- Chinese Government Scholarship
- Shanghai Government Scholarship
- Confucius Institute Scholarship
Coverage of the CSC scholarship:
- Tuition waiver
- Free accommodation on campus
- Monthly stipend (master’s students: CNY 3,000 per month; doctoral students: CNY 3,500 per month)
- Comprehensive medical insurance.
Notes: All scholarship recipients are obliged to participate in the annual scholarship review in April and/or May which will confirm their scholarship status in the next academic year.
- Applicants must be non-Chinese citizens with valid passports.
- Applicants must be in good health both physically and mentally.
- Applicants for a Master’s degree must have a Bachelor’s degree and be under 35 years of age.
- Applicants for a Doctoral degree must have a Master’s degree and be under 40 years of age.
- Applicants may not be in receipt of any other type of scholarship.
- Application form for Chinese Government Scholarship
- Foreigner Physical Examination Form
- Academic transcripts in undergraduate or graduate period (Notarized copy)
- Degree certificates of your Highest Diploma (Notarized copy)
- Study Plan or Research Proposal (more than 800 words in English or Chinese)
- Two Recommendation Letters by professors or associate professors (English or Chinese)
- Ordinary Passport first page copy
- Academic Research Papers (optional)
- Non-Criminal Record Certificate
- Language proficiency certificate (IELTS, TOEFL, GRE, HSK-4, etc.)
Step 1: Register and apply online application at CSC website at: http://studyinchina.csc.edu.cn/ and Download the completed Application Form for Chinese Government Scholarship. then Sign and put a recent photo on the application form.
- Program Type: B
- Agency No. : 10246
Step 2: Register and apply The online application system at Fudan University includes filling in the application form and uploading supporting documentations.
Step 3: Submit your application form
Step 4: application complete.
Scholarship Notes & Notification:
- The applicant may check the result by visiting the column “Notices” on ISO website
- New scholarship students are required to register at Fudan University on the date
specified on admission notice. Students who arrive late without approval in advance
will have their Scholarship automatically cancelled. Students who have kept the
admission but postponed their registration to the following academic year will have
their scholarship cancelled.
- New scholarship students must participate in annual evaluation. Students who fail to
meet the requirements will have their scholarship cancelled.
- New scholarship students are not be allowed to change the major or study period.
For Details Instructions please follow the official site of Fudan.
International Students Office
Address: 220 Handan Road, Shanghai, 200433, China University, Hangzhou, China.
Tel: +86-21-65642250/65642258/65641231, Fax: +86-21-65117298