Harbin Institute of Technology (HIT) is an open, multidisciplinary, research-oriented public university in China and a member of the China’s elite C9 League. It was established in 1920 in Heilongjiang province in China. HIT provides CSC Scholarship for International Students.
Harbin Institute of Technology is a Double First Class University and directly controlled by the Chinese Ministry of Education. This prestigious university is renowned as “the cradle of engineers” in China. HIT was the first university that independently develop and enter small satellites into the moon’s orbit. Not only that, HIT established the first school of astronauts in China.
There are also some major HIT notable innovations including satellite ground laser communication, arc- and spot welding robots, revealed the virulent factor of the HIV virus, human-machine in orbit maintenance experiments, etc.
Harbin Institute of Technology has 3 campuses: one in Heilongjiang Province, one in Shandong Province, and another one in Guangdong Province. It has 23 schools, 9 National Key Disciplines, 7 National Key Labs, 9 State Engineering Research Centers. HIT has signed academic cooperation agreements with 278 universities in 39 countries.
In 1957, the first analog computer was developed and In 1958, the first digital computer was developed in HIT. In 1920, HIT has successfully designed and launched 20 micro-satellites on the moon’s orbit.
Motto: “Strict Standards, Solid Skills”
How to apply for CSC Scholarship in HIT?
Application Duration: October 15th, 2021 — March 31, 2022
Application Type: Offline
Application Fee: 60 USD or 400 RMB
Duration of Study:
Master’s degree: 2～4 years
Doctoral degree: 4～5 years
- Applicants must be non-Chinese citizens with valid passports.
- Applicants must be in good health.
- Applicants should be out of China or former graduates of Chinese universities
- Applicants for a Master’s degree must have a Bachelor’s degree and be under 35 years of age.
- Applicants for a Doctoral degree must have a Master’s degree and be under 40 years of age.
- Excellent performance in study.
- Applicants should have good ability in scientific research
- Applicants may not be in receipt of any other type of scholarship.
- Chinese Government Scholarship Application Form (2 sets) Form link
- Foreigner Physical Examination Download Form
- Original Highest Diploma document and Its Notarized Copies (English or Chinese)
- Original transcripts in undergraduate or graduate period (English or Chinese)
- Two Recommendation Letters by professors or associate professors (English or Chinese)
- Study Plan or Research Proposal (not less than 800 words in English or Chinese) Download Instructions Demo
- Photocopy of Valid Ordinary Passport (Valid for 1 year at least)
- Language proficiency certificate (IELTS, TOEFL, HSK-4, etc.)
- Original Non-criminal Record certificate
- Acceptance letter (not required) Download Demo
- Bank Receipt of Material Assessment Fee: 60 USD or 400 RMB
Notes: applicants need to provide the following materials truly and correctly (two sets)
Bank Name: Industrial and Commercial Bank of China, Harbin, Da Zhi Branch
Bank Address: 318 East Dazhi Street, Harbin, People’s Republic of China
Name: Harbin Institute of Technology
Account Number: 3500040109008900513
Step 1: Online application at CSC website at: http://studyinchina.csc.edu.cn/ and Download the completed Application Form for Chinese Government Scholarship.
- Program Type: B
- Agency No. : 10213
Step 2: Applicants should post their application materials in time to the College of International Education of HIT from October 15，2021 to March 31, 2022.
Step 3: Applicants should mark clearly “CSC Scholarship Application” on the envelope of Application
Step 4: Application complete
- HIT will review all the application materials and is authorized to make necessary adjustments on specialties and duration of study. The application will be regarded as invalid and will not be processed if the applicants are not qualified or the application materials are inconsistent with the recruitment regulations or incomplete.
- Applicants should check all the information on the admission notice. Applicants are not permitted to change their supervisors, specialties, institutions, duration of study or instruction language specified in the Admission Notice after registration.
Direct contact with your Supervisor in HIT
Harbin Institute of Technology
Location: No.11 Siling Street, Nangang District, Harbin (150001), China.
Tel: +86-451-86412647 (Korean)