Nanjing University (NJU) is one of the oldest institutions of higher education and major public research university with national revitalization and scientific progress. Nanjing University is a member of the Elite C9 League including Project 211, Project 985 with a Double First-Class reputation. Also under the direct supervision of the Ministry of Education of China. Nanjing University provides CSC Scholarship for International students.
Initially, Nanjing University was established in 1902 in the name of Sanjiang Normal School but In 1950, lots of universities merge into Nanjing Unversity and officially became Nanjing University. It has 4 campuses: Xianlin Campus, Gulou Campus, Pukou Campus, and Suzhou Campus with more than 38,000+ students.
Nanjing University has made remarkable achievements in areas such as scientific research, social change, educational reform, and made indelible contributions to China’s scientific sector. for more details click the official website of Nanjing University.
Motto: “Sincerity with Aspiration, Perseverance with Integrity”
How to apply for CSC Scholarship in NJU?
Application Duration: January 1st — March 31, 2022
Application Type: Online
Duration of Study:
Master’s degree: 2～3 years
Doctoral degree: 4 years
Coverage of the CSC scholarship:
- Tuition waiver
- Accommodation: free university dormitory or accommodation subsidy
- Monthly stipend (master’s students: CNY 3,000 per month; doctoral students: CNY 3,500 per month)
- Comprehensive medical insurance.
- Applicants must be non-Chinese citizens with valid passports.
- Applicants must be in good health both physically and mentally.
- Applicants for a Master’s degree must have a Bachelor’s degree and be under 35 years of age.
- Applicants for a Doctoral degree must have a Master’s degree and be under 40 years of age.
- Applicants may not be in receipt of any other type of scholarship.
- CSC Scholarship Application Form
- Foreigner Physical Examination Report
- Academic transcripts in undergraduate or graduate period (English or Chinese)
- Certificate of your Highest Diploma (English or Chinese)
- Two Recommendation Letters by professors or associate professors (English or Chinese)
- Language proficiency certificate (IELTS, TOEFL, HSK-4, etc.)
- Study Plan or Research Proposal (not less than 800 words in English or Chinese)
- Photocopy of Valid Ordinary Passport (First Page)
- Original Non-criminal Record certificate
- List of papers published in professional or scientific journals & representative papers or abstracts of articles (optional)
Notes: The applicants are responsible for the accuracy and authenticity of the submitted information and documents. If any dishonesty or falsification was found, the application would be invalid.
Step 1: Register and apply online application at CSC website at: http://studyinchina.csc.edu.cn/ and Download the completed Application Form for Chinese Government Scholarship.
- Program Type: B
- Agency No. : 10284
Step 2: Register and apply at NJU’s China International Student Service System: http://istudy.nju.edu.cn/. (For the program type, please choose “CSC Scholarship”.)
Step 3: Upload the all following required documents
Step 4: Application complete.
- Nanjing University will inform the applicants of the application progress via system message or email promptly, and will send the admission documents to the new students after receiving the confirmed list of final awardees from the CSC.
- The school year starts at the beginning of September 2022. You will find the specific date of registration on the admission notice. (If some of the students couldn’t come to NJU on time due to the pandemic, the university would arrange an online registration, details about which would be informed in advance.)
- When coming to NJU to register, the new students will be required to bring the admission notice, JW201 form, physical examination report, original highest diploma, etc. for the qualification review. (If the original copy is neither written in Chinese nor in English, a notarized Chinese or English translation will need to be submitted.) The scholarship of those who didn’t pass the review would be cancelled.
Ms. Zhong Qiaorui
Institute for International Students
RM. 514 Zeng Xianzi Building,
18 Jinyin Street, Nanjing 210008, China