Shanghai Jiaotong University (SJTU) is China’s one of the oldest and prestigious key universities. SJTU was established in 1896 in Shanghai. It is also a Double first-class C9 league elite university directly under the administration of the Ministry of Education of China. SJTU provides different kinds of scholarships for excellent international students, such as CSC Scholarship, Shanghai Government Scholarship, SJTU Scholarship, and others.
SJTU is currently comprised of 6 campuses with more than 300 hectares including 33 schools, 31 research institutions, 13 affiliated hospitals, 2 affiliated medical research institutes, 8 State Key Laboratories, 5 National Engineering Research Centers, and 2 National Engineering Laboratories.
SJTU also has a huge impact in 7 research fields, including Engineering, Materials Science, Chemistry, Clinical Medicine, Computer Science, Pharmacology & Toxicology, and Biology & Biochemistry.
SJTU has a great list of notable alumni including former president Jiang Zemin, China’s Father of Space Science Qian Xuesen, legendary mathematician Wu Wenjun, cancer researcher Wang Zhenyi, etc.
According to SJTU, currently, SJTU has students from about 140 countries and institutional cooperation agreements with more than 150 well-known universities around the world. for more details click on the official site of Shanghai Jiaotong University.
Motto: “Gratitude and Responsibility”
How to apply for CSC Scholarship in SJTU?
Application Duration: Oct 1, 2021 — Mar 31, 2022
Application Type: Online
Application Fee: 800 RMB or USD 120
Duration of Study:
Master’s degree: 2～3 years
Doctoral degree: 4 years
Scholarships provided by USTC:
- Chinese Government Scholarship
- Shanghai Government Scholarship
- SJTU Scholarship
- SJTU Fellowship
Coverage of the CSC scholarship:
- Tuition waiver
- Accommodation: free university dormitory or accommodation subsidy
- Monthly stipend (master’s students: CNY 3,000 per month; doctoral students: CNY 3,500 per month)
- Comprehensive medical insurance.
Notes: All scholarship recipients are obliged to participate in the annual scholarship review in April and/or May which will confirm their scholarship status in the next academic year.
- Applicants must be non-Chinese citizens with valid passports.
- Applicants must be in good health both physically and mentally.
- Outstanding academic performance and potential.
- Applicants for a Master’s degree must have a Bachelor’s degree and be under 35 years of age.
- Applicants for a Doctoral degree must have a Master’s degree and be under 40 years of age.
- Applicants may not be in receipt of any other type of scholarship.
- Proficiency in Chinese and/or English (Details requirement)
- Application form for Chinese Government Scholarship
- Academic transcripts in undergraduate or graduate period in scanned files
- Degree certificates of your Highest Diploma in scanned files
- Foreigner Physical Examination Report
- Two Recommendation Letters by professors or associate professors
- Photocopy of Valid Ordinary Passport (validity at least 1 year)
- Passport-size photo
- Study Plan or Research Proposal (more than 800 words in English or Chinese)
- Language proficiency certificate (IELTS, TOEFL, HSK-4, etc.)
- Non criminal record Certificate
- Curriculum vitae / Resume (optional)
Note: If your documents are not in English or Chinese, please have them translated into either English or Chinese by an authorized translation agency. Then upload both the translated and original documents onto the application system.
Step 1: Register and apply online application at CSC website at: http://studyinchina.csc.edu.cn/ and Download the completed Application Form for Chinese Government Scholarship. then Sign and put a recent photo on the application form.
- Program Type: B
- Agency No. : 10248
Step 2: Register and apply The online application system at SJTU includes filling in the application form and uploading supporting documentations.
Step 3: Submit your application form by clicking “Confirm and Submit” upon completion. Note that once your application pass “file review”, your information CANNOT be changed.
Step 4: application complete.
International Affairs Office, Graduate School
Shanghai Jiao Tong University
Room 331, Chen Ruiqiu Building, 800 Dongchuan Road, Shanghai 200240, China
Application Website: http://apply.sjtu.edu.cn/