Tsinghua University is the highest prestigious major public research university in China with a Double First-Class reputation. Tsinghua University was established in 1911 in northwest Beijing, and It’s a member of Elite C9 League Universities, also a member of Project 985 and Project 211. Tsinghua offers various scholarships for qualified international students including CSC Scholarship, Beijing Government Scholarship, Belt and Road Scholarship, etc.
Tsinghua University has 21 schools and 59 departments with faculties in science, engineering, humanities, law, medicine, history, philosophy, economics, management, education, and art.
Tsinghua has produced many notable leaders including Chinese President Xi Jinping, former Chinese President Hu Jintao, former premier Zhu Rongji, former vice premier Huang Ju, governor of the People’s Bank of China Zhou Xiaochuan.
In QS World University Rankings, Tsinghua University is ranked as the 15th best university in the world and also ranked number 1 in Asia. Tsinghua’s highest level of excellence, education, research, innovative solutions makes it China’s most prestigious and influential university. for more details click on the official site of Tsinghua University.
Motto: “Self-Discipline and Social Commitment”
How to apply for CSC Scholarship in Tsinghua?
Application Deadline: 1st Round: Oct 15, 2021 — Dec 15, 2021 | 2nd Round: Jan 1, 2022 — Mar 1, 2022
Application Type: Online
Application Fee: 800 RMB or 60 USD
Duration of Study:
Master’s degree: 2～3 years
Doctoral degree: 3～4 years
Scholarships provided by Tsinghua:
- Chinese Government Scholarship
- Beijing Government Scholarship
- Belt and Road Scholarship
- Siemens China Scholarship
Coverage of the CSC scholarship:
- Tuition waiver
- Free accommodation on campus
- Monthly stipend (master’s students: CNY 3,000 per month; doctoral students: CNY 3,500 per month)
- Comprehensive medical insurance.
Notes: All scholarship recipients are obliged to participate in the annual scholarship review in April and/or May which will confirm their scholarship status in the next academic year.
- Applicants must be non-Chinese citizens with valid passports.
- Applicants must be in good health both physically and mentally.
- Applicants must be well-behaved and be willing to abide by China’s laws and regulations, as well as Tsinghua’s rules.
- Applicants for a Master’s degree must have a Bachelor’s degree and be under 35 years of age.
- Applicants for a Doctoral degree must have a Master’s degree and be under 40 years of age.
- Applicants may not be in receipt of any other type of scholarship.
- Application form for Chinese Government Scholarship
- Degree certificates of your Highest Diploma (Notarized copy)
- Academic transcripts in undergraduate or graduate period (Notarized copy)
- Foreigner Physical Examination Form
- Personal Statement for Master’s degree applicants, Personal Statement and a brief introduction of research experience or research plan for Doctoral degree applicants.
- Two Academic Recommendation Letters by professors or associate professors (English or Chinese)
- Ordinary Passport information 1st page
- Non-Criminal Record Certificate
- Academic Research Papers (optional)
- Study Plan or Research Proposal (more than 800 words in English or Chinese)
- Curriculum vitae / Resume (optional)
- Acceptance letter from supervisor (optional)
- Language proficiency certificate (IELTS, TOEFL, GRE, HSK-4, etc.)
- Recent Photographs
Step 1: Register and apply online application at CSC website at: http://studyinchina.csc.edu.cn/ and Download the completed Application Form for Chinese Government Scholarship. then Sign and put a recent photo on the application form.
- Program Type: B
- Agency No. : 10003
Step 2: Again Register and apply The online application system at Tsinghua University includes filling in the application form and uploading supporting and required application materials documents. (listed above)
Step 3: Submit your application form
Step 4: application complete.
Application Notes & Notification:
- Applicants are required to submit scanned images of all required documents at the time of application. All uploaded documents should be in Chinese or in English; otherwise notarial translations in Chinese or English are required. Once translated, the original documents and certified translations should be submitted together to the application system.
- Please scan the original or notarized application documents in color using a scanner. Images captured by mobile phone or camera are not acceptable. Scans of copies are also not acceptable.
- The application fee must be paid at the time the application is submitted.
- Applications with incomplete documents or without application fee payment will not be processed.
- None of the above application documents will be returned.
- Applicants must ensure that the application information, application materials, degree certificate and degree authentication provided are true and accurate.
- Admits students based on evaluation of their application documents together with a comprehensive assessment. The application materials are reviewed by an expert group of the relevant departments / schools, and the candidates for the comprehensive assessment will be selected based on the review results.
For Details Instructions please follow the official site of Tsinghua.
Graduate Admissions Office
Address: Beijing 100084 P. R. China
Tel: +86-10-62781380, WeChat ID: TsinghuaUni