The University of Science and Technology of China (USTC) is the most prominent and prestigious university with an excellent higher reputation worldwide. USTC is a public research university under the direct leadership of the Chinese Academy of Sciences (CAS). USTC provides CSC Scholarship for International Students.
The University of Science and Technology of China is a member of the elite C9 League, also a member of Project 211 and Project 985 with a Double First-Class reputation. USTC was established in 1958 in Beijing by CAS and later moved to Anhui province at the beginning of 1970 during the Cultural Revolution for strategic action by the Chinese government.
The main purpose to build USTC was an urgent needs to improve China’s economy, defense infrastructure, science-technology, and make a better modern education system for China with a high qualified scientific and technological research. USTC is also renowned as “The Cradle Of Scientists” and often being described as “the Caltech of China”. for more details click the official website of USTC.
Motto: “Being both responsible and professional, integrating theory with practice”
How to apply for CSC Scholarship in USTC?
Application Duration: Before March 15, 2022
Application Type: Online
Duration of Study:
Master’s degree: 2～3 years
Doctoral degree: 3～4 years
Scholarships provided by USTC:
- Chinese Government Scholarship
- CAS One-Belt-One-Road Scholarship
- USTC Scholarship
- CAS-TWAS President’s Fellowship
Coverage of the CSC scholarship:
- Tuition waiver
- Accommodation: free university dormitory or accommodation subsidy (master’s students: CNY 700 per month; doctoral students: CNY 1000 per month)
- Monthly stipend (master’s students: CNY 3,000 per month; doctoral students: CNY 3,500 per month)
- Comprehensive medical insurance.
- Applicants must be non-Chinese citizens with valid passports.
- Applicants must be in good health both physically and mentally.
- Applicants must not be a registered student in Chinese universities at the time of application, or be a graduate from Chinese universities for more than one year.
- Applicants for a Master’s degree must have a Bachelor’s degree and be under 35 years of age.
- Applicants for a Doctoral degree must have a Master’s degree and be under 40 years of age.
- Applicants may not be in receipt of any other type of scholarship.
- Application form for Chinese Government Scholarship with signature and recent photo.
- Foreigner Physical Examination Report
- Academic transcripts in undergraduate or graduate period (English or Chinese)
- Certificate of your Highest Diploma (English or Chinese)
- Two Recommendation Letters by professors or associate professors (English or Chinese)
- Photocopy of Valid Ordinary Passport (validity at least 1 year)
- Study Plan or Research Proposal (more than 800 words in English or Chinese)
- Language proficiency certificate (IELTS, TOEFL, HSK-4, etc.)
- Curriculum vitae / Resume
Notes: The applicants are responsible for the accuracy and authenticity of the submitted information and documents. If any dishonesty or falsification was found, the application would be invalid.
Step 1: Register and apply online application at CSC website at: http://studyinchina.csc.edu.cn/ and Download the completed Application Form for Chinese Government Scholarship. then Sign and put a recent photo on the application form.
- Program Type: B
- Agency No. : 10358
Step 2: Register and apply The online application system at USTC includes filling in the application form and uploading supporting documentations.
Step 3: Submit your application form by clicking “Confirm and Submit” upon completion. Note that once your application pass “file review”, your information CANNOT be changed.
Step 4: You can click “Status” in the Quick Links to check your application status.
Office of International Cooperation
University of Science and Technology of China
96 Jinzhai Road, Hefei, 230026, Anhui, P. R. China