Zhejiang University (ZJU) is one of the oldest public research universities and top higher education institutions including a member of the elite C9 League universities with a Double First-class reputation. It was founded in 1897 in Zhejiang Province. ZJU provides various kinds of Scholarships including the CSC Scholarship.
Zhejiang University is organized into 7 faculties, 37 colleges, 7 affiliated hospitals, 1 museum, 2 international joint institutes and It has 6 academic libraries which contain more than 7.9 million volumes and making it one of China’s largest academic collections.
Zhejiang University is renowned for its enormous academic records. their research strength, innovation, technology, and entrepreneurship are addressing many global challenges including artificial intelligence, large aircraft, clean energy, ocean technology, industrial control technology, public health, and infectious diseases, etc. ZJU has partnerships with more than 200 universities from more than 30 countries worldwide.
ZJU is famous for its notable alumni like 1st CPC general secretary & 1st CPC chairman Chen Duxiu, Chinese e-commerce company Pinduoduo founder Colin Huang, WebEx co-founder Min Zhu, etc. for more details click on the official site of Zhejiang University.
Motto: “Seeking Truth, Pursuing Innovation”
How to apply for CSC Scholarship in ZJU?
Application Deadline: Mar 31, 2022
Application Type: Online
Duration of Study:
Master’s degree: 2～3 years
Doctoral degree: 3～4 years
Scholarships provided by ZJU:
- Chinese Government Scholarship
- Zhejiang University Scholarship
- Zhejiang Provincial Government Scholarship
- Marine Scholarship of China
- Chinese Language Teachers Scholarship
Coverage of the CSC scholarship:
- Tuition waiver
- Free accommodation on campus
- Monthly stipend (master’s students: CNY 3,000 per month; doctoral students: CNY 3,500 per month)
- Comprehensive medical insurance.
Notes: All scholarship recipients are obliged to participate in the annual scholarship review in April and/or May which will confirm their scholarship status in the next academic year.
- Applicants with Bachelors’ Degree Diplomas obtained from Top 500 World Universities according to the Shanghai Ranking or Zhejiang University’s overseas partner universities are welcome to apply.
- Applicants must be non-Chinese citizens with valid passports.
- Applicants must be in good health both physically and mentally.
- Applicants for a Master’s degree must have a Bachelor’s degree and be under 35 years of age.
- Applicants for a Doctoral degree must have a Master’s degree and be under 40 years of age.
- Applicants may not be in receipt of any other type of scholarship.
- Application form for Chinese Government Scholarship with recent photo (white background, 35mm×45mm in size)
- Foreigner Physical Examination Report
- Academic transcripts in undergraduate or graduate period (Notarized copy)
- Degree certificates of your Highest Diploma (Notarized copy)
- Study Plan or Research Proposal (more than 800 words in English or Chinese)
- Two Recommendation Letters by professors or associate professors (English or Chinese)
- Ordinary Passport first page copy
- Academic Research Papers (optional)
- Provisional Acceptance Letter of International Student by ZJU supervisor
- Non-Criminal Record Certificate
- Language proficiency certificate (IELTS, TOEFL, GRE, HSK-4, etc.)
- Curriculum vitae / Resume (optional)
Step 1: Register and apply online application at CSC website at: http://studyinchina.csc.edu.cn/ and Download the completed Application Form for Chinese Government Scholarship. then Sign and put a recent photo on the application form.
- Program Type: B
- Agency No. : 10335
Step 2: Register and apply The online application system at ZJU includes filling in the application form and uploading supporting documentations.
Step 3: Submit your application form
Step 4: application complete.
Scholarship Review & Notification:
- Zhejiang University will review all the application materials. Decisions for admission and for granting the scholarships will be made on the basis of the applicants’ competitiveness, academic record and otherwise.
- The name list of the scholarship awardees for postgraduate programs will be sent to China Scholarship Council for review within the specified time period according to CSC’s provisions.
- After the name list is reviewed and approved by China Scholarship Council, the scholarship awardees will be notified by the university in the end of July or the beginning of August, 2021. The admission documents will be sent to the scholarship awardees afterwards.
For more details check official Announcement of Zhejiang University
Room 418, International College Building, West Zone, Zi-jin-gang Campus, Zhejiang University, Hangzhou, China, Post Code: 310058
Tel: +86 571 87951537, Fax: +86 571 87951755
E-mail: email@example.com (master’s degree programs) firstname.lastname@example.org (doctoral degree programs)